Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CouchSurfing In Trapani



This past weekend was a wonderful way to relax before midterms. My friend Chrissy and I traveled to Trapani, Sicily.  We met some of the locals and learned so much about Trapani and its fascinating history. On Thursday and Friday, Chrissy and I explored Trapani and relaxed on the beach even though it was fairly cold. We visited a park out on the farthest western peninsula of Sicily, where the Terranean Sea meets the Mediterranean Sea.


Chrissy and I with our gracious host, Gianni 

Exploring the tide pools with Gianni's friend, Marco

Trapani with Erice in the background 

Playing in the sea

Relaxing in the park
On Saturday, Chrissy and I traveled to the medieval mountain-top town of Erice. We were joined by two French travelers and had a great afternoon exploring the castles and winding streets of this ancient town.
The stunning castles of Erice

Our new friends

After returning to Florence from Trapani, I felt renewed and rejuvenated. I loved getting to appreciate the natural beauty of Italy and all that it has to offer!